Thursday, February 6, 2014

SQUIRREL PINS SEWING TUTORIAL



When I first started to sew, every piece of fabric seemed important.  After each project I would end up with a pile of scrap fabric that I just couldn’t bring myself to throw out.  I knew that I could use the fabric for something, but I just didn’t know what!  I eventually created these squirrel pins from my leftover felt to give to the little people in my life.  Each pin uses about a 3” x 6” piece of felt.  If you have larger pieces of felt, you could easily enlarge the pattern to create adorable squirrel pillows for your child’s bed.

Supplies:
Grey felt
White felt
Grey, white and red thread
Polyester fiberfill
Safety pin
Super glue or a glue gun

NOTE: this pattern is for domestic use only and cannot be used commercially or sold. 

Method:
1)  Print pattern and cut out templates.
     2)    Cut felt according to template.
     3)    Sew white cheek piece onto face.


      4)    With right sides facing, sew top of head and sides of head – do not sew ears and bottom of head yet.

      5)    Turn felt right side out and sew eyes, nose, mouth, a few running stiches across forehead and little hearts on ears.
     6)    Sew ears together and trim any excess.


      7)    Stuff head with fiberfill and sew the bottom closed.
     8)    Use super glue to adhere pin and pin cover to the back of the squirrel’s head.

And you’re done!  Give these to your little ones on Valentines Day, and, if you have the time, make extras for them to share with their BFF’s. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! These are so cute ^^ Good to keep all the leftovers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These a super cute! I'm often at a loss as to how to use up all those little scraps. My closet is full of them!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! Hope you have fun using up all those scraps.

      Delete
  3. These are darling Thank's for sharing...Cookie17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zien er erg schattig uit! Staat op mijn Pinterest bij het Vilten! dank hier voor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo cute!

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am unable to print the pattern :( Google Drive says Access Denied. Could you please email it to me? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete

UA-39822949-1