When I first started to sew, every piece of fabric seemed important. After each project I would end up with a pile of scrap fabric that I just couldn’t bring myself to throw out. I knew that I could use the fabric for something, but I just didn’t know what! I eventually created these squirrel pins from my leftover felt to give to the little people in my life. Each pin uses about a 3” x 6” piece of felt. If you have larger pieces of felt, you could easily enlarge the pattern to create adorable squirrel pillows for your child’s bed.
Grey, white and red thread
Super glue or a glue gun
NOTE: this pattern is for domestic use only and cannot be used commercially or sold.
1) Print pattern and cut out templates.
2) Cut felt according to template.
3) Sew white cheek piece onto face.
4) With right sides facing, sew top of head and sides of head – do not sew ears and bottom of head yet.
5) Turn felt right side out and sew eyes, nose, mouth, a few running stiches across forehead and little hearts on ears.
6) Sew ears together and trim any excess.
7) Stuff head with fiberfill and sew the bottom closed.
8) Use super glue to adhere pin and pin cover to the back of the squirrel’s head.
And you’re done! Give these to your little ones on Valentines Day, and, if you have the time, make extras for them to share with their BFF’s.